Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 International Research Travel Awards.
The intent of these awards is to support the growing participation in the Academic Surgical Congress by our international partners. Recognizing the financial burden of international travel to the meeting, these need-based awards serve to encourage participation of international investigators who otherwise would not be able to attend the meeting despite having an accepted abstract.
- This award is open to international investigators who have an abstract accepted for presentation to the 2017 ASC.
- The award is need-based and not merit-based. It is intended to provide financial assistance for international travel that cannot be supported by the investigator or their institution.
- The accepted abstract should not be related to work performed in the US or in a US laboratory.
Applicants should submit a 250 word application that addresses the following:
- A short description of the research project accepted for presentation at the 2017 ASC
- An overview of the authors and research team involved in the project
- A statement of need as to why this award is necessary for the applicant to attend the ASC
- Contact information (email and phone) for the applicant
Five awards will be given. The award includes complimentary registration to the 2017 ASC and a $500 stipend to fray the cost of travel to the Congress.
The Application period ends at 11:59pm EST on Monday, December 5, 2016.